Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Coeur d’Alene - big pine trees and deep blue lake with a cherry on top!

Only 100 miles from the Canadian border, Coeur dAlene is a beautiful slice of northwest  Idaho. We took the scenic byway around a portion of Lake Coeur d’Alene. 



We had lunch and a nice tasting at a local winery. I bet that comes as a surprise to everyone... NOT... smile. 



We walked around the very quaint downtown area. Dog treats just waiting for a passing pup, cool sculptures everywhere and good beer. 








I took a picture of this sculpture because it reminded me so much of my mom. On one of her first fly fishing trips, she hooked a rock - which she had made into a fun necklace. 


The cherry! Meeting my step sister, Suzette. She warmly welcomed us into her beautiful home for a wonderful backyard BBQ with her entire family! It was great to meet her husband, 3 children and 4 grandchildren. Suzette recalls us meeting when we were six. I don’t have a memory of the meeting but it was great getting to know each other as adults. 

We had dinner our second night at a wonderful restaurant with outdoor seating to watch the sunset. It was a lovely evening and I look forward to keeping in touch with Suzette and her family. 





We stayed at a real nice campground called Blackwell Island. It is on the water with a beach and swimming area. 






No comments:

Post a Comment