Sunday, May 16, 2021

LeFluer Bluff State Park- hidden gem in Jackson, Ms and $15 per night for seniors



Literally 5 minutes for downtown Jackson Mississippi is a true hidden gem!  Le Fluer Bluff State Park is a very small 28 site campground and $15 per night for over 60.  $32 for full hookups and $25 for water and electricity. 

About 10 sites back up directly to the lake. We watched two alligators cruising the lake but that didn’t detour the young kayakers. Anytime a kayaker got close, the alligators would go the other way. I personally questioned the thought process of the parents. Egrets flew in and out and turtles rested on logs. 



Lots of fishing and we watched large fish jump out of the water for bugs on the surface. 

A nice and clean bathhouse. I heard one camper say the water was just warm. I like a hot shower so I showered in the TT. 






They do have a set of washers. Which you don’t see often in a state park. I was thrilled and then mad when the washer wasn’t working. I lost $1.50 in precious quarters and went back to put an order note on the washer. The beautiful campground made up for my moment of disappointment. 


Each site lots of room between sites and has a picnic table, grill and fire ring. I saw reports of a rough road leading to the campground. You have a drive for one mile down a dirt road and it is not bad. Just go the posted speed limit.




If you are passing through Mississippi- this is really a lovely stop. And the price is right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment