Sunday, October 22, 2023

Indianapolis, IN - Motor Speedway, Capitol and Downtown

We stopped at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to visit the museum and tour the speedway. I highly recommend….very fun. I hope to come back to see a race. However, I can’t imagine navigating 350 thousand people  

We watched Next Gen level racers practice from the Penske box which was really cool. 









Signs of victory! 



The museum was very interesting as you followed the changes  in technology, safety and design. 










One year, I gave Mark an Indy driving experience at the Texas Motor Speedway for Christmas and he drove an Indy car 165 mph. So he said why should I get into this? I have been in the real thing! 



The track tour gave us the opportunity to play in the winners circle. 


Downtown Indianapolis is really beautiful. Lots of historic buildings. 


We, of course, had to visit the capital and join a tour. 







We wondered around the downtown. 




Central Canal


Monument circle


Soldiers and sailors memorial and museum 








Scottish Rite Cathedral 


Downtown library 






No comments:

Post a Comment